Monday, September 29, 2008

Albuquerque, New Mexico


ALBUQUERQUE TRIP SEPT. 24-26, 2008
POLAR Heart Rate Monitor/Tri-Fit Workshop.
Lawton Public Schools has received a grant for $100,000.00 for 10 Elementary Schools to have this High-tech equipment. It is a lot of work it get it going but we will get their. The program provides Heart Rate monitors which will be an asset for the children to view their heart rate levels during workout and to learn how to achieve a heart rate that will develop an healthy heart.
The Tri-Fit program is an assessment program. Many assessments can be taken with the equipment provided. It has a Blood Pressure cup, and Flexibility test using the sit and reach assessment, an impedance scale to weigh and measure body composition a strength assessment and you can put in a whole lot of information in to assess with the assessment.

While in Albuquerque I was able to see a lot of great architecture and some neat sites around the city. The first pictures are the OLD TOWN area. It is a big square and then streets around the square with buildingsl like these. It is has all kinds of shops to buy spanish style stuff. All the homes and buildings in Albequerque is in this stuco style. It is the code for the town. It is really cool. This area was built in the 1800's.















The picture of the balloon was when I was looking out of my hotel room. The next week end was going to be the 10 day balloonfest. They were planning on 600 balloons or so. They said they went up in the morning when the wind was down and the weather was cool. That day I saw about 8 balloons going up. I could of gotten a balloon ride and breakfast for $200.00. Maybe some day.








I got to go up the Sky Tram one afternoon. It is the longest one in the World. It took us about 20 minutes to get to the top. It was real overcast and rainy at times and so my pictures going up were not as good as I was hoping for. But I got some good pictures of the tram. The rocky mts. reminded me a lot of Mt. Scott. The difference is the rugged rocks and not the bolders like at Wichita Mts. You can hike up the Mt. Our trainer did it a few weeks earlier and he said it took 3 hours to get up and he rode the tram down. I hiked around up on top of the Mt. It was a neat place to visit. On the back side of the Mt. is a Ski slope. On the top of the Mt. is a place to eat. I had a fun time exploring a new place.

I thought the picture on the left looked like a scorpion. It is the shadow of the the tram.

No comments: